Wednesday, February 4, 2009

At the Pub

We had an international students social thing today so I got to meet some more people. We went out to a nice pub called Wetherspoons afterwards. The place was huge and had two stories and tons of tables. I got a burger and beer. The beer was something called Strongbow and usually I don’t like beer, but it was good. It tasted more like champagne. Beer comes in pints here and they have mastered the art of completely filling glasses without spilling the foam.

Legal drinking age is 18 and everyone drinks, like every day and all weekend. There are two bars in the union and tons in the town. I think our flats are actually in the bar district. (Don't freak out Dad!)

On the way home we met some guys dressed in drag for no particular reason. People like to dress up randomly here. :)

This red dragon is like the symbol of Wales and it's everywhere! I think it's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH STRONGBOW!!!!!!!!! That was my drink of choice as well :-P I found it here in the States, but it's not as good as on tap. -Julie O>

    ReplyDelete