Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Harlech

Celebrated St. Patrick’s Day by drinking 1 gin and tonic, 2 pitchers of cocktail and 3 kinds of cider, watching The Departed and then deciding to take a day trip to Harlech instead of going to class the next day. So, of course, one of the professors for the class I was skipping was at the train station at 7:30 am for some reason and I had to hide in shame.

The castle was totally worth it though. By far the least destroyed one I’ve been to yet and it was set up really high on a hill, overlooking the coast. Owain Glyndwr laid siege to Harlech castle during his rebellion, owned Edward I, and took the castle as his own headquarters. He was pretty awesome.

Please note: Do not let your children fall off the cliff.

I bought a ton of stuff at the gift shop and we wandered the town which was incredibly dead.

1 comment:

  1. This castle looks amazing. Did you get to go inside, too?
    -Lex

    ReplyDelete