Saturday, March 28, 2009

WALES WORLD CUP HOPES IN RUINS

Back in Cardiff for a football match. I just want to say that the train system is evil. Sometimes it’s really nice, but half the time they’re doing maintenance or something so we get shunted onto a coach for an hour and a half between like 5 stations and end up missing all the next trains. Also, if I’d wanted to take a motion sickness-inducing coach I wouldn’t have paid the £20 extra for the train. Hate.

Anyway, the football match was at the Millennium Stadium which is huge. We only filled maybe half the place and there were 20,000+ people there. Instead of hotdogs and US stadium food, they sell pasties and Roast Ox chips which are actually not bad.

The match was Wales v. Finland and it was horribly depressing because despite the fact that we had the ball the whole time, no one could shoot, and the 2 times Finland had the ball, they scored. There was a lot of swearing from the guys behind us and I wanted to scream at Wales to STOP CROSSING THE BALL IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN GOAL! God, that kills me.

So at the end, 0-2. :( The headline of the paper the next day was: WALES WORLD CUP HOPES IN RUINS. Haha.

Still, it was fun and a random guy hit on us which was pretty hilarious.

We tried to visit the Brains brewery, but it was all blocked off and had danger signs and fences everywhere.

So we went out to dinner, then visited the omnipresent SPAR to buy alcohol and went back to our gorgeous hotel to drink and play travel-size Cluedo. I’m never drinking Brains SA beer again. It is the most disgusting beer I have ever tasted and I have no idea why I drank it.

No comments:

Post a Comment